Chronicling and reviewing show's I've attended, taped, traded, or discussing projects remastering audio and video of said shows. I trade live recordings of hard rock and metal, and focus mostly on the bands Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Alice in Chains, A Perfect Circle, Chevelle, Deftones, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Temple Pilots, etc. This is just a blog, so no downloads are hosted here. Contact me if you can't find something through the appropriate channels. NOTHING DISCUSSED ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHTED in any shape or form. It is all fan generated content for the use of other fans. Finally, please support the artists by buying their official records and attending their shows... And most importantly, share FREELY!

http://db.etree.org/the_negative_1

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Stone Temple Pilots - 1993-04-04 - Groningen, The Netherlands

I love STP's old stuff. I probably went through two copies of the CORE album. In all fairness, I never really gave the rest of their catalog a fair shake as far as listening, I just felt they went away from the heaviness of that first album and that's what drew me in. 

This is a really early show, I believe this got torrented on Dime shortly after Scott's death in early December and then it subsequently made its way to Guitars101. I have no idea why this boot was called "The Great Pretenders" as STP has nothing to do with Oldies Supergroups and late nineties kids TV shows. This recording has good sound and is fairly clear. There is a really slight haze on the audio that sounds reminiscent of a cassette tape or FM transmission, but it is barely noticeable. I did a frequency analysis on this and the full spectrum is there, but there's no frequency response past about 12-15 KHz. I'm thinking this was an analog recording before it made it onto a silver CD. Note there is no spike/line higher up that you usually see from FM sources.

Track 1: Crackerman

Track 10 Wet My Bed
The performance was tight, although Scott seemed a bit antagonistic towards the crowd. There is very little crowd noise. It is interesting they did the acoustic or lounge version of Sex Type Thing this early in their career. But then again when you only have one album's worth of material you do need to find a way to mix it up. I love that they closed the show with Piece of Pie. That might be my favorite track.



The Vera,
Groningen, The Netherlands - April 4, 1993.

Source: 'The Great Pretenders' Silver cd. [Very Good Audience Recording]*
Lineage: Silver cd > EAC > .Wav > Flac Level (8).
Catalog Number: Banzai/BZCD041.
Country: Italy.
Released: 1994.

Set List:

01.Crackerman 4:38
02.Wicked Garden 4:28
03.Sin 8:03
04.Plush 5:18
05.Where the River Goes 9:16
06.Dead & Bloated 5:19
07.Creep 5:40
08.Sex Type Thing [Acoustic] 6:04
09.Sex Type Thing [Electric] 4:13
10.Wet my Bed 2:31
11.Naked Sunday 6:33
12.Piece of Pie 5:39


Stats:
Rating - 92/100
File - FLAC (458.25 MB)

More on this here: http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/stone-temple-pilots-los-angeles-ca-07-02-93-a-211462.html

Support the Band!
http://stonetemplepilots.com/
https://www.facebook.com/stpband
https://twitter.com/STPBand

No comments:

Post a Comment