Chronicling and reviewing show's I've attended, taped, traded, or discussing projects remastering audio and video of said shows. I trade live recordings of hard rock and metal, and focus mostly on the bands Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Alice in Chains, A Perfect Circle, Chevelle, Deftones, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Temple Pilots, etc. This is just a blog, so no downloads are hosted here. Contact me if you can't find something through the appropriate channels. NOTHING DISCUSSED ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHTED in any shape or form. It is all fan generated content for the use of other fans. Finally, please support the artists by buying their official records and attending their shows... And most importantly, share FREELY!

http://db.etree.org/the_negative_1

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Deftones - 1995-12-07 - Minneapolis - Remaster

So I found these files on my hard drive. They date back to 2005 and look to be a rip of a CDR I got back when I was trading via snail mail, but from the lack of detail in the info file, I can't be for sure. I did download a lot of stuff off of Direct Connect back in those days as well. After checking the spectrum, I noticed the high end gets lopped off at around 16 KHz which is a pretty good indicator that this was either mp3'd or recorded at only 32 KHz. Either way, I decided it wasn't worth it to keep these as FLAC files (191 MB for the file set, check your source if you have this one), so I decoded back to WAV, loaded them into Audacity, applied a little EQ, and then saved them as mp3 for my music library. Note I also fixed the track split between 6, 7, and 8. Minus Blindfold was just all jacked up, with the beginning of the track at the end of Teething and the end stuck at the beginning of Engine No. 9.

Onward. This is a pretty good capture. There is some phasing at times as the taper moves, but it's not bad. It's really only a handful of spots. No idea where this guy was standing, but he must have had a good line to the speakers. There's virtually no crowd noise, so either the place was empty or he was able to avoid it somehow. Chino mentions early in the show how people look bored, so it could have just been a lame crowd. 

I couldn't find any pictures or artwork for this, so I made something simple below. 


Deftones
1995-12-08
Minneapolis, MN
The Mirage
OPENING FOR LIFE OF AGONY, ANTHRAX

Source: Sonic Studios > D100 > ??? > Flac > WAV > Audacity (boost right channel +2.5 dB, EQ) > MP3

Setlist:
1. Root
2. Nosebleed
3. Lifter
4. 7 Words
5. Chino Talking
6. Bored
7. Teething
8. Minus Blindfold
9. Engine No. 9


Stats: 
Rating - 95/100
File - mp3 (67.2 MB)

More on this here: http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/deftones-1995-12-08-minneapolis-215230.html

Support the Band!
http://www.deftones.com/
https://twitter.com/deftones/
https://www.facebook.com/deftones/

No comments:

Post a Comment