Chronicling and reviewing show's I've attended, taped, traded, or discussing projects remastering audio and video of said shows. I trade live recordings of hard rock and metal, and focus mostly on the bands Tool, Nine Inch Nails, Alice in Chains, A Perfect Circle, Chevelle, Deftones, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Temple Pilots, etc. This is just a blog, so no downloads are hosted here. Contact me if you can't find something through the appropriate channels. NOTHING DISCUSSED ON THIS BLOG IS COPYRIGHTED in any shape or form. It is all fan generated content for the use of other fans. Finally, please support the artists by buying their official records and attending their shows... And most importantly, share FREELY!

http://db.etree.org/the_negative_1

Friday, January 8, 2016

Avenged Sevenfold - 2013-09-22 - Rock In Rio

So, I finally got around to giving A7X's latest album a listen and really enjoyed it, and eventually had a hankering to find some good quality live material from these guys. I had practically zilch in my collection of live stuff. I've been on Dime for quite a while and a quick search didn't reveal much had been posted on there. Thus, I started with my trusty friend Google just to see what was out there. After finding A LOT of crap quality mp3's on various foreign sites, I struck gold and found a torrent for a good, high quality HD video rip of Avenged Sevenfold's Rock in Rio performance from 2013. 

Initially I thought this would be an easy rip of the audio, but I was having some trouble and couldn't figure out why after ripping it, the sound wasn't the same (lack of bass, all midrange and treble). After some research I realized the TS file I was working with had a 5.1 surround track and I was only extracting the L and R channels. Eventually I got up to speed and was able to set Audacity up to be able to import and export AC3 files and I was able to extract all six streams from the 5.1 audio and master/mix it down to two channels and cut it into tracks for play in my music library. It was a bit of a learning curve and a timely task (I also did some noise/click/pop reduction in audacity as well) but well worth it. 

The sound on this is great, it is obviously a soundboard from the HD video feed, so it does have a little bit of a sterile feel to it and little crowd noise except what is inserted in between tracks. Also due to the 5.1 feed, some of the instruments get highlighted at certain times over others, depending on who was on screen at that point of in the video. I believe you can find this on youtube here


Avenged Sevenfold
2013-09-22
Rio De Janiero, Brazil
Rock in Rio

Source: Unknown .ts file found in a foreign torrent:

Feed: HDTV 1080i
File Type: TS
Video: MPEG2
Audio: AC3
Video: AVC (H.264), 1920x1080, 29.97 fps, 10,0 Mbps
Audio: AC-3, 48.0 KHz, 384 Kbps (6 Ch.)

Transfer: Demux in ProjextX > AC3 > Audacity (downmix to stereo, adjust levels) > WAV > MP3 (256 kbps)

Setlist:

1. Shepherd of Fire
2. Critical Acclaim
3. Beast and the Harlot
4. Hail to the King
5. Buried Alive
6. Words about the Rev
7. Fiction
8. Nightmare
9. This Means War
10. Afterlife
11. Requiem
12. Bat Country
13. Unholy Confessions

Comments: I was just looking for some good quality boots of A7X to rip the audio from when I came across a foreign torrent with this in it. I wasn't really ready for putting in the time for a transfer of this magnitude (took me about 6 hours total after researching the demuxing and playing with audacity), but I think it turned out well and figured I'd share it.

Find the show here 
http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90/avenged-sevenfold-2013-09-22-rock-in-rio-211497.html
 
Support the band! 
http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/
https://www.facebook.com/AvengedSevenfold
https://twitter.com/theofficiala7x

No comments:

Post a Comment